Good luck to everyone pulling on the Navy n’ White hoops this weekend. As always, your support on the touchlines will be much appreciated by the players. Naturally, the clubhouse will be screening LIVE 6 Nations Rugby this month (Wales v England KO 16.45 today)
Saturday 16th February
- 1XV – NO GAME
- 2XV v LEYLAND WARRIORS – NO GAME – Leyland concede the Quarter Final tie and Eccles progress to the Semi-Final of the Robinsons Brewery Bowl.
- SENIOR COLTS – NO GAME – The Colts have completed their League fixtures and Bury have conceded the Quarter Final tie, so the Colts next game will be the Lancs U18 Colts Trophy Semi Final , date and opponent TBC.
- 3XV v LOSTOCK, AWAY, KO 2.15pm
- RESULT: 14-33 WIN
- Tries: Lee Morris 3, Gavin Ackers-Johnson 2
- Conversions: Reece James 4
- Report: The 3XVs had suffered couple of heavy defeats in previous fixtures against Lostock, but a squad bolstered by Colts, new players and 2XVs recruits saw an improved performance and an away victory yesterday at a sunny Chew Moor Lane. Eccles made a positive start from the kick off and occupied the opponent’s half for opening quarter of hour. The deadlock was eventually broken on 17 mins, following 10 phases of play from the forwards on the left, with a Try by Lee Morris in the right corner 0-5. 3 minutes later, a break through the middle from Gavin A-J claimed a 2nd Try 0-12. Captain Gary Hamer suffered a neck injury and had to leave the field. At 28 mins an Eccles attack towards the right corner saw Gav offer a lovely offload to Winger Jason Davies only for Lee Morris to burst through seemingly from nowhere to take the ball and the glory to score! 0-19. Lostock rallied and built some sustained pressure on the Eccles defence, resulting in a try under posts 1 minute before the break. HT 7-19. Lostock continued their fight back and scored a second try on 50 mins to take the score to 14-19. Eccles dug deep and reasserted themselves on the game. With a full bench of replacements the 3XVs were able to reorganise and introduce fresh legs for the last 10 mins. At 71 minutes Gav weaved his way through the middle and stretched his legs to score his second Try of the afternoon between the sticks. 14-26. From the restart Eccles secured the ball and launched an attack down the left wing, with Lee Morris riding a tackle to keep his footing and score his Hat-trick Try. Reece James Converted. FT RESULT 14-33. A great performance from an assembled team of mixed-experience players . Six Senior Colts – Mattew Walker, Daniel Delaney, Keiron Reed, Joe Rapinett, David Smith, Joe Borrett – all made a significant contribution to the game. Congratulations to Keiron, Dan and Joe B on making their Senior Debut for the club. Congratulations also to former Colt Dillon Carter making his Eccles Senior debut at Prop and welcome to 2nd Rowers Matt Lambert and Scott Clark, who made their presence felt around the park.